Part-Time Marketing & Communications Assistant
Up to 15 hours per week with flexibility on working patterns
Reports to: Innovation Alliance Director
Location: WMCA, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 3SD
Duration of post: Until March 2019 (with potential to extend)
Part-time role: Up to 15 hours per week, with flexibility on pattern of working
Start Date: Immediate
Other benefits: Commitment to training and development
The Innovation Alliance West Midlands is a bottom-up Alliance of diverse organisations active or interested in Science and Technology based innovation across the West Midlands with objectives to build and maintain a thriving innovation ecosystem in WM, and to stimulate and catalyse a pipeline of collaborative innovation activity.
The Part-Time Marketing & Communications Assistant will help the Innovation Alliance for the West Midlands with its communications activities including our website, Twitter, events, and newsletters.
We are a small team and need someone who will be able to fit in quickly, contribute and deliver for our stakeholders. Your skills and attitude will be a vital addition to our small team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone at the early stages of their career who has a gift for producing clear and positive communications materials and would like to develop their skills and experience in a variety of digital content. An interest in innovation will be beneficial. The successful candidate will benefit from access to the Innovation Alliance’s events and support in advancing their career. This is a valuable opportunity to gain experience in a small, busy, not-for-profit organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with colleagues to stimulate content for Twitter (and other social media) posts and manage the IAWM Hootsuite account.
- Collate data from Twitter Analytics to contribute to reports
- Collate data on numbers of engagements with Working Group update emails to contribute to reports
- Provide assistance on event days if required
- Support the writing and upload of content to website
- Collate data from website analytics on site/blog engagements to contribute to reports
- Assist with the creation of surveys
- Collate response data to contribute to reports
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes demonstrable in their experience of studying, membership of clubs or extracurricular activities, or previous work experience:
- ICT and use of Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Ability to use or learn web content management systems such as WordPress, and other relevant online and social media tools such as SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite and Twitter
- Knowledge of/interest in business growth through innovation
- Knowledge of/interest in communication methods
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences in writing and verbally
- Ability to make own decisions, use initiative and work as part of a team
- Ability to bring creative ideas to the Innovation Alliance’s communications
To apply for the post, please submit your CV with a covering letter stating why you would be suitable for the position to: email@example.com