Access expertise from Coventry University academics and industry experts to achieve Net Zero goals through dedicated collaborative support.
This workshop will cover the basics of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) accounting for organisations. We will equip attendees with an understanding of how to implement a structured carbon reduction programme in their business.
Core elements include: Background to GHG, decarbonisation and Net-Zero, Business rationale for implementing a decarbonisation initiative, Principles of GHG accounting, Creation of a GHG inventory, Identifying emission sources, Establishing an emissions baseline, Setting targets for GHG reduction and reporting & verification.
SMEs attending will have the opportunity to join a collaboration programme ending in March 2023, comprised of several workshops and 121 bespoke support.
9:00 – 9:45 AM – Arrivals and Tea/Coffee
9:45 – 10:00 AM – Welcome and Intro to NET ZERO Challenge
• UN Sustainability Goals and UK NET ZERO 2050
• Future carbon reduction challenges for SMEs
10:00 – 11:00 AM – Basics of Carbon Accounting Part I
• Policies, regulations and standards
• Greenhouse gas (GHG) protocol, registries and programmes
• Key terminologies, tools and resources
11:00 – 11:15 AM – Coffee break
11:15 – 12:30 PM – Basics of Carbon Accounting Part II
• Greenhouse gases (GHG) sources, emission factors and type of activities
• Understanding emission scopes 1, 2 and 3 and setting the boundaries
• Calculating emissions – Hands-on exercise
12:30 – 1:30 PM – Lunch
1:30 – 2:30 PM – Guest Speaker
• Live Demonstration
• Carbon Literacy
2:30 – 3:30 PM – Basics of Carbon Accounting Part III
• Calculating emissions – Discussions
• Basics of creating a GHG inventory
3:30 – 4:00 PM – Next steps and Closing
The workshop and the collaboration programme are free to join for eligible SMEs as they are fully funded by ERDF.
The workshop is funded by ERDF Green Business Programme, delivered by Coventry University and Coventry University Enterprises Ltd and as such only SMEs based in Coventry and Warwickshire are able to attend. Eligibility will be verified when completing registration details.