A one-hour workshop which makes cybersecurity simple, straightforward and affordable for every business and organisation.
About this event
This one-hour workshop for managers, directors and business owners makes cybersecurity simple, straightforward and affordable for every business and organisation.
Aimed at non-technical directors, business owners and managers, you will leave with:
- An understanding of cybersecurity and how you can best manage it in your role
- Knowing the biggest cyber threats to your business
- A simple 5-step action plan to improve your cyber resilience
It will help you to:
1. Enhance your cybersecurity and reduce the associated costs
2. Minimise the cost of your insurance and exposure to fines
3. Manage the risk of sharing data with suppliers, customers and others.
The agenda includes:
- What is Cybersecurity and Why It a Business Management Issue
- Why Cybersecurity is so Complex, Confusing and Costly and How to Make it Simple, Straightforward and Affordable for Your Business or Organisation
- The Largest Cyber Threats to Your Business
- Cyber Essentials
- Why Your Web Site Needs Additional Attention
- Cybersecurity in Your Supply Chain
- The Simple 5 Step Action Plan to Increase Your Cybersecurity and Protect Your Business
The Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2021 shows that 65% of medium businesses and 64% of large businesses report having cyber security breaches or attacks in the last 12 months. It goes on to report: the average cost of all the cyber security breaches these businesses have experienced in the past 12 months is estimated to be £8,460.
According to the Hiscox 2021 Cyber Report, “A small business in the UK is successfully hacked every 19 seconds”.
With cybercrime on the rise, every business and organisation must act not only to protect themselves but to also ensure the data they share with their suppliers is safe.
Companies and organisations need to improve their own cybersecurity as well as that of their supply chain. However, for most businesses and organisations, cybersecurity is complex, confusing and costly. While corporates and large organisations have a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), smaller ones need to protect themselves without such technical support. Even with a CISO, the MD, board and managers still need to have an understanding of cybersecurity.
As cybersecurity is complex and a vital necessity, it is easy for businesses and organisations to pay too much for cybersecurity solutions. With an understanding of cybersecurity, you can take back control and manage the costs correctly. This workshop will show you how.