Date & Time:
Thu, 13 October 2022, 10:00 – 11:30am
Make UK – The Manufacturers’ Organisation
The purpose of the event is to bring together regional and national stakeholders with an interest in tackling the challenge of ensuring we encourage a pipeline of fresh talent into the West Midlands manufacturing and engineering sector.
A huge challenge for the sector is its ageing workforce and the perception of working within this sector is outdated. With huge strides being made in the adoption and development of digital and emerging technologies, the sector brings new and exciting opportunities for the next generation.
This event will open a conversation on regional needs, levers of influence and models of best practice, to investigate how, as a collective, we might re-invigorate the perception of the sector and create pathways that both excite and entice young people to be the manufacturing and engineering workforce of the future.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Short presentations from speakers on activity
- Panel discussion on tools in our box and how we might use them as a collective to maximise impact
- The event will introduce regional and national partners to one another and raise awareness of each other’s activity.
- The panel discussion will kick start a conversation on how national and regional activity can be leveraged to respond to the challenge.
- The aim is to influence regional and national policy.