The Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) and BEIS (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) SME Workshop Invitation
- Date: 25th February
- Time: 10.00 – 12.00
- Location: Victoria Square House, Birmingham, B2 4AJ
- RSVP: please RVSP for this event to BEISWM@BEIS.gov.uk
- The Office for Life Sciences (OLS) is a joint unit between The Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) and BEIS (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy). Our purpose is to generate inward investment to the UK and support the growth of innovative life science companies across the UK landscape.
- We are currently engaging with SMEs across the life science sector to better understand the concerns, impacts and plans companies are developing and enacting to prepare for EU exit.
- We want to use the workshops to understand your key concerns and needs. This will also be an opportunity to update you on Government planning for Brexit in areas such as regulation, borders, continuity of supply, trade continuity and migration.
- We will use the findings from the workshop to influence Government policy across relevant departments and Ministers. The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will not be shared outside of Government.
In December 2018, the Cabinet office agreed to proceed with the Government’s next phase of no deal planning. This means we are setting in motion our remaining no deal plans. HMG recommended that businesses ensure they are prepared and enact their own no deal plans as they judge necessary. We are keen to ensure that companies are aware of all the information available, providing updates on current developments, and identifying gaps on the information provided to them.
The event agenda is designed to:
- Provide an update from Government.
- Gather companies key areas of concerns on regarding day 1.
- Give the opportunity to discuss the activities that you currently have in train, as well as future plans: and further information required from Government.
Attendees will include a mix of:
- The life sciences and health industries, including those drawn from the pharma and medtech sectors and contract research organisations.
- Representatives of regional life sciences groups from BEIS and key Government stakeholders.
- The event will involve an initial overview / presentation from OLS on Government planning, followed by a Q&A discussion.
- We would be very happy if you would agree to provide any specific questions in advance on areas such as regulation, borders, continuity of supply, trade continuity, and migration, to ensure a detailed response. Please send your questions back to RSVP email (BIESWM@BEIS.gov.uk) at least 4 days prior to the event.