WHAT WE DO
The Innovation Alliance for the West Midlands is an alliance of organisations active or interested in science and technology based innovation across the West Midlands. We have two principle objectives:
- Build and maintain a thriving innovation ecosystem
- Stimulate and catalyse a pipeline of innovation activity
WHY WE DO IT
- Innovation is a vital driver of regional growth, prominent in national and regional policy
- We are guided by the West Midlands Innovation Audit, which provides evidence and direction for the need of innovation
- Complements the WMCA Innovation Board
- There is a stakeholder demand
HOW WE DO IT
We deliver our core objectives in a variety of ways by engaging in activities that support the delivery of innovation objectives of the 3 Local Enterprise Partnerships (GBSLEP, BCLEP, AND CWLEP); the West Midlands Combined Authority’s ‘Strategic Economic Plan’, and the roll-out of the West Midlands Science and Innovation Audit (SIA) by the West Midlands Innovation Board.
We have recently changed the shape of our activity with the incorporation of the West Midlands Innovation Programme, aligning our activity to the objectives outlined in the Local Industrial Strategy. On our ‘Our Activity’ page you can see a full list of the programme, events, and initiatives we are currently running, and find out how you can get involved.