UK Research and Innovation has announced the launch of the first tranche of competitions in the £98m Healthy Ageing Programme funded by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
The first two competitions that will go live are for Investment Accelerator (opening for applications from 19 August – 6 November) and the Research Director (opening for applications from mid-August – 15 October).
- The Investment Accelerator scheme will stimulate private investment in business-led research and development, to grow and bring to market ideas for healthy ageing products and services that have potential to be adopted on a wide scale.
- A total of £29m in government grants together with matched funding from private investors will be available over the next four years for projects up to £1.5m.
- KTN is running a briefing event on 10 September in London for investors interested in applying for this. Click here to express interest in attending.
- Research Director – the competition for this position opens this summer.
- The role is to provide leadership of the upcoming Social, Behavioural and Design Research Programme and ensure that insight from research makes a difference across the ISCF Healthy Ageing Challenge as a whole.
- ‘Trailblazer’ projects, the programme’s largest element (£40m), will stimulate new ideas from a wide range of businesses and social enterprises to develop and deliver products, services and business models at a large scale to support people as they age.
- These funding grants will open in the autumn.
Find out more about the Healthy Ageing Programme by clicking here.