Innovate UK is organising a Global Business Innovation Programme with India for the Future Cities Sector to introduce some of the most innovative British businesses to this growing market.
This is a fully-funded programme, consisting of a preparation phase in the UK, a 5-day visit to India and subsequent follow- up support, that will help your business develop innovation projects with partners in the region.
Over the next 30 years, some 400 million people are expected to move
into towns and cities in India.
This presents major challenges and opportunities which are captured in part by the Government of India’s ‘100 Smart Cities’ programme. The vision is bold and far reaching especially
for a nation whose large urban areas struggle with maintaining 24/7 power, clean and readily available water, and proper sanitation.
In recent years, the UK has built
a strong relationship with India around Future Cities, including an entrepreneur mission, project by the Future Cities (now Connected Places) Catapult, a Newton Fund project looking at a systemic approach to improving air quality in Bangalore, and more. The UK has also made a commitment to supporting India’s 100 Smart Cities programme, specifically including support to the work in Indore.
The programme will include a visit to Indore, India’s cleanest city, part of the state of Madhya Pradesh, a region actively looking for smart city solutions and currently running projects focussing on urbanising areas in and around its main cities.
Benefits of the Programme
• Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in doing business in India
• Meet with businesses, innovation hubs, academic institutions and other key stakeholders to gain market knowledge and industry insights
• Get introduced to potential collaborators looking to run pilot projects in India or in third markets
• Attend a 5-day visit (excluding travel days) in Indore and Bangalore with fully-funded flights, accommodation and in-market activities
Areas of Focus
• City management and operations systems (including urban planning and city system integration solutions)
• Smart infrastructure (such as water, waste, energy, and mobility for instance)
• Enriched urban environments (recreation, community, education, green/blue resources rehabilitation and enhancement, urban health solutions, public safety and security, air quality and other pollution management)
The Global Business Innovation Programme
Companies will work with a designated adviser thoughout a structured programme encompassing three main phases:
- Getting ready for the market: Pre-visit and in-country briefings providing market information, advice on how to do business in India and training on how to improve your pitch, articulate your value proposition and how to protect your IP.
- Visiting the market: Exclusive access to the Indian market and the opportunity to meet key companies and research organisations. Targeted, pre-arranged meetings at organised matchmaking events.
- Exploiting the opportunity: Utilising a tailored Innovate to Succeed approach, comprising one to one support from a specialist Innovation adviser to follow up and take advantage of the opportunities identified.
Example Itinerary for the visit (subject to change):
£500 deposit (excl. VAT), fully refundable to participating delegates. Please note non-attendance after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting all or part of this deposit. No deposit is required at the time of your application. You will be sent a link to pay your deposit in order to confirm your place once you have been formally accepted on the programme.
Who should attend?
UK registered, small and medium-sized enterprises that help build sustainable and resilient cities which enhance quality of life.
How to apply
Fill in your application to participate in this event by clicking here.
Applications will be reviewed in two stages:
- Phase 1: Online applications to assess eligibility and suitability.
- Phase 2: Shortlisted companies will be reviewed by a panel of experts who will select the final delegation for the programme
Enterprise Europe Network at Newable Events team: