This Job opportunity has been posted by Bruntwood. You can find the official page here.
We are looking for a HS2 Accelerator Programme Manager to work on our Innovation Birmingham Campus, and with joint management from the Connected Places Catapult, delivering the HS2 accelerator contract. This post whilst employed by Bruntwood Sci-tech will be seconded to the Connected Places Catapult upon appointment. The base location for this role will be Innovation Birmingham Campus, Bruntwood Sci-tech Birmingham.
Connected Places Catapult is focused on growing businesses with innovations in mobility services and the built environment that enable new levels of physical, digital and social connectedness. The Connected Places Catapult operates at the intersection between public and private sectors and between local government and transport authorities. We convene the disparate parts of the market to help innovators navigate the complexity of doing business, creating new commercial opportunities and improving productivity, socio-economic and environmental benefits for places.
The Serendip-based HS2 Accelerator programme will provide businesses accepted to the programme with an intensive  month programme, providing unprecedented access to HS2 challenge leaders and their tier one providers as well as access to investors, government agencies and universities.
The offer includes access to Connected Places Catapult expertise and Bruntwood Sci-Tech mentorship to help develop products and services that answer the challenges imposed by such a huge project as well as access to co-working space, mentoring and networking opportunities.
By working closely with HS2 and its suppliers, the aim of the programme is to provide businesses with an opportunity to develop their technologies and make them fit for market, generate commercial traction and attract investment.
What you’ll be doing:
This is a dynamic role in setting up, recruiting for, and managing accelerator cohorts for SMEs working on exciting technology solutions within build tech, circular economy and biodiversity technology spaces.
- Scouting for SMEs with an MVP (or close to) that will benefit from a programme of support, from both our existing databases of SMEs and beyond
- Managing a selection process, involving all programme partners in decision making activities
- Understand and map cohort needs to identify required support, in collaboration with the wider SME team
- Keeping the SME founders motivated and on-track to achieve their objectives throughout the programme
- Developing key relationships with other members of the eco-system, such as investors, corporates, mentors
- Helping to source and liaise with other external suppliers and contractors that will deliver key parts of the programme, such as IP, R&D tax credits
- Managing programme schedules, co-ordinating SMEs, mentors, and workshop hosts
- Monitoring and supporting technical sprint activities, by liaising with technical experts at the Connected Places Catapult
- Schedule relevant engagement (one to ones and workshops) with mentors, experts and other sources of expertise
- Support the cohort to set and deliver relevant goals and milestones
- Manage and track budgets relating to programme delivery
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, to lead on and deliver an impact report at the end of the programme to update stakeholders on progress
What we’re looking for:
- Driven and motivated by working with start-ups
- Demonstrable prior experience delivering programmes of work that have clear business and/or economic growth outcomes
- Demonstrable prior experience in capability building for business including the incubation and acceleration of small innovation businesses, enabling businesses to scale and in support of innovative start-up enterprises
- A self-starter: ability to organise your own workload and work independently
- Team worker: you can motivate others and you lead by example
- High level of people skills and stakeholder management, including excellent presentation and communication skills, with the capability to ensure clarity and adapt messages to different stakeholder groups
- High quality of verbal and written communications; able to adapt for internal and external, various audiences
- The capability to organise and prioritise your work in line with expected deliverables and deadlines, including demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and quality in work deliverables
- Budget management experience, where you can apply demonstrable experience in the development and securing of income and project-based work
- Experience of MS Office and Excel
- Experience in operating customer-facing processes
- Relationship management experience
- Prioritisation and organisation skills
- Degree qualifications in business administration, economics or related field, or the equivalent professional experience
- Interest in technology startups working in the mobility / transport space
- Experience of working with SMEs
- Experience of working with different types of organisations including startup or founding a business, transport sector, corporate, academic and public sector
- Some knowledge of CRM and other community support tools
You will also be a firm believer in equal opportunities and will support our aims in achieving a diverse and gender balanced cohort. Applicants are required to have the right to reside and work in the UK.
We offer you more than the opportunity to work. We offer you the chance to shape your world. Apply today.
This role is paying up to £30,000.
Bruntwood is an equal opportunity employer.