5PRING is a new 5G Accelerator that Wayra has recently launched in partnership with West Midlands Combined Authority, Suez, O2, Deloitte, Digital Catapult and West Midlands 5G.
5PRING gives selected start-ups acceleration and pre-acceleration services (such as co-working space, 5G connectivity services, mentoring, access to the 5PRING partners networks and knowhow, training in entrepreneurship and business skills) in addition to these it also provides access to a private 5G network and testbed alongside technical expertise.
The Green Innovation Challenge has recently been announced and is looking at the following challenge areas:
- Natural Capital –This challenge looks at solutions that address how different groups of people use and access green space across the UK.
- Transport – This challenge looks at these solutions and encourage businesses to deliver more sustainable modes of transport and make a significant impact to reducing carbon emissions.
- Energy – This challenge will look at solutions that support and accelerate the move to low carbon power systems, as well as those that support the implementation of local energy systems.
- Built Environment – This challenge looks at solutions for providing greater energy efficiency in existing and new builds.
- Circular Economy –The challenge looks at the issue of reducing waste and pollution through enabling and encouraging businesses to reuse and repurpose products and materials.
- Behavioural Change – This challenge looks at solutions that make it easy to alter behaviours to be more environmentally conscious.
- Water – This challenge looks at solutions that help businesses use less water?
5PRING is an open-innovation accelerator that delivers 5G ideation, incubation and acceleration programmes for businesses to support them on their 5G journey from initial engagement to adoption. The programmes bring start-ups/ scale-ups and large corporates (challenge owners) together to enable joint innovation to create commercially viable propositions.
Applications are open until the 13th of November.
If you have any questions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.