KTN’s Innovation Exchange, which helps organisations look for game changing solutions to challenges and bring them to market faster, has an array of new challenges for innovators from a huge range of sectors to solve.
KTN’s Innovation Exchange is helping several organisations search for innovative solutions to real-world challenges. The challengers range from Artemis Technologies who is looking for battery systems for a zero-emission passenger ferry to the Department for International Trade who is collaborating with Indian city authorities to find improve waste management practices.
The advantage of the Innovation Exchange is that it allows organisations to tap into KTN’s diverse network to find novel solutions to industry challenges, often from outside their traditional sector. It is a mechanism to allow challengers to break sectoral barriers and access market-ready solutions.
Innovators get the opportunity to work with large corporates, often on a commercial basis, via a short application form, presenting their ideas. The challenge owner selects the ideas that are of best fit for solving their challenge and then looks to collaborate further.
Challenges live at the moment include:
GE Renewable Energy
- Robotics Platform – Generator Bolt Inspection and Tightening
- Full Field Condition Monitoring of a Blade Internal Structure
Confidential challenge owners
- Non-intrusive inspection for manhole covers
- Control of climate on board marine vessels
- Non-destructive testing of GRP marine vessels
Pilkington Technology Management Ltd
- Improving the durability of furnaces used for glass melting
- In-situ Approaches to Measuring Contaminants in Float Bath Atmosphere
Greater South East Energy Hub
- Battery systems for a zero-emission passenger ferry
- Collision avoidance and sensor technologies
- Bio-fouling detection and avoidance
- Ride-height and actuation sensing
Department for International Trade/Indian authorities
- Technologies/Smart solutions to be adapted in public spaces in a Post Covid world
- Solutions to monitor and tackle urban air pollution within Indian urban environments
- Technologies/Smart solutions to improve Waste Management practices
The current challenges have deadlines ranging from a few days time to a few weeks – for details, simply visit the website here which has details of all live challenges, the technical specifications and the key dates.