Deadline: 6 October 2021
To find out more and apply, click here.
UK-registered businesses can apply for a share of £25 million for UK-developed, late-stage, collaborative R&D to develop automotive technology and processes. Eligible projects will grow capability to support the UK transition towards net-zero product manufacturing and supply chain.
This competition is seeking proposals for collaborative match-funded R&D projects. These must demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies (including material, product and manufacturing processes) for on or off-road vehicles.
Your project must either:
- accelerate the development of technologies capable of low and zero tailpipe emissions
- demonstrate a significant reduction in carbon dioxide emissions leading to air quality improvements
Your proposal must align with the UK’s Green Industrial Strategy and must clearly demonstrate how high-value R&D will take place in the UK as a result of this funding.
We are particularly looking for projects that support the UK’s long-term supply chain, associated capabilities and growth aspirations. This includes improving productivity and competitiveness in the design, build and manufacture of vehicles that are capable of low and zero tailpipe emissions.
Examples of technologies in scope are:
- vehicle hydrogen systems including fuel cells and tanks
- power electronics
- lightweight vehicle structures
- alternative propulsion systems
Your project must support the growth of these technologies, creating more jobs and capability throughout the UK supply chain.
- 9 August 2021 – Competition opens
- 11 August 2021 14.00 – 16.00 – Virtual briefing event
- 6 October 2021 11:00 am – Application deadline
- 1 November 2021 – Applicants invited to interview
- 17 November 2021 – Interview panel week commencing
- 14 January 2022 – Applicants informed