- Competition opens: 8 June 2022
- Competition closes: 15 September 2022 16:00
- Funding Type: Grant
- Total Fund/Maximum Award: £4,562,500
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the British Academy jointly invite applications for an interdisciplinary team to establish and lead an equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) caucus.
The caucus, which is made up of practitioners and researchers from a broad range of disciplines and sectors, will be responsible for providing high quality research evidence on EDI that informs policy and practice in the research and innovation system.
The objectives of the EDI caucus are as follows:
- provide insights from research evidence on EDI that informs and shapes the work of the funders, and the broader research and innovation sector
- address priority evidence gaps by commissioning and undertaking new research and by supporting UKRI and the British Academy in testing and evaluating new EDI-related initiatives
- promote, coordinate and facilitate interdisciplinary approaches to research on EDI.
The leadership team will be expected to establish the caucus by recruiting an interdisciplinary network of practitioners and researchers on EDI and delivering a programme of work following an initial three-month co-design phase with UKRI and the British Academy.
Apply for funding to lead on providing high quality research evidence on equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) that informs policy and practice in the research and innovation system.
You must be based at either:
- a UK higher education institution
- a research council institute
- a UKRI-approved independent research organisation
- a public sector research establishment
- a third sector organisation with research capacity.
The full economic cost of your project can be up to £4,562,500. ESRC will fund 80% of the full economic cost.
Funding is available for up to three years.