- Competition opens: 23 May 2022
- Competition closes: 17 August 2022 11:00am
- Funding Type: Grant
- Total Fund: £25,000,000
Project Size: Your total project costs must be between £500,000 and £12 million.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £25 million in innovation projects across the two strands of this competition. This funding is from the Faraday Battery Challenge (FBC).
The aim of this competition is to:
- support business-led research and development of sustainable propulsion batteries
- support technologies with the potential to enter the automotive market within the next 10 years and, where appropriate, allow for early or synergistic entry into other sectors
- move UK battery innovations from technological potential towards commercial capability
- develop and secure material and manufacturing supply chains for battery technologies in the UK
This competition is split into 2 strands:
- Faraday Battery Challenge Round 5 Innovation: Collaborative Research and Development (CR&D) (this strand)
- Faraday Battery Challenge Round 5 Innovation: Feasibility Studies
This CR&D strand will support the research and development of the most promising, innovative and sustainable battery technologies for the propulsion of electric vehicles in the automotive sector.
We are keen to encourage large, ambitious, impactful projects which will deliver breakthrough advances in sustainable propulsion battery technologies.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are entering the appropriate strand of the competition for your project.
You will not be able to transfer your application to the other strand, it will not be sent for assessment if it is out of scope.In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.