This virtual meeting of the Innovative Manufacturing Working Group looked at case studies of digitalisation projects in smaller manufacturers that we can learn from, and pointing you to grants and expert resources available to help you with your own digitalisation projects.
For example, one of the speakers from Technoset, a precision engineering company based in Rugby, shared their ambitious approach across the facility. Another speaker Ashes Into Jewellery focused on their support from Made Smarter to bring a key process in-house, which has allowed them to increase their productivity by 20-25%.
- Introduction by Chair: Jason Aldridge, Managing Director, Arrowsmith Engineering
- Case study 1: Adam Land, Operations Director, Technoset
- Case study 2: Julia Bochenski, Managing Director, Ashes Into Jewellery
- West Midlands Innovation Programme update, Pam Waddell, Director, Innovation Alliance for the West Midlands
- Regional expert and funding support on digitalisation: Hana Robertson, Technology Manager, Midlands Aerospace Alliance
- Case study 3: Farhan Ahmed, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Alucast
- Case study 4: Jason Aldridge, Managing Director, Arrowsmith Engineering
- Networking and conversation!