The Innovation Alliance for the West Midlands is an alliance of organisations active or interested in science and technology based innovation across the West Midlands. We have two principle objectives:
- Build and maintain a thriving innovation ecosystem
- Stimulate and catalyse a pipeline of innovation activity
- Innovation is a vital driver of regional growth, prominent in national and regional policy
- We are guided by the West Midlands Innovation Audit, which provides evidence and direction for the need of innovation
- Complements the WMCA Innovation Board
- There is a stakeholder demand
We deliver our core objectives in a variety of ways by engaging in activities that support the delivery of innovation objectives of the 3 Local Enterprise Partnerships (GBSLEP, BCLEP, AND CWLEP); the West Midlands Combined Authority’s ‘Strategic Economic Plan’, and the roll-out of the West Midlands Science and Innovation Audit (SIA) by the West Midlands Innovation Board. These include:
Our 3 principle working groups:
Innovation Policy and Practice events:
We host a series of events building on a combination of the Chief Technology Officers Group and consultation activities run in 2017 (SIA, Industrial Strategy, Mayoral Innovation Hustings). Our latest and upcoming events can be found here.
Venturefest West Midlands
Venturefest, led by BSC for its first three years, will continue to be led by the Innovation Alliance in partnership with Innovation Birmingham and working with a wide range of partners. You can read our Blogs from previous events on our ‘Blog’ section of ‘Our Content’.
Workshop / Task and Finish Groups
These will form as required to explore new activities or thematic working groups, eg to complete address further WM SIA strengths or explore how the Alliance can catalyse collaborative activity help to address some of the ‘ecosystem factor’ issues identified in the WM SIA.
Social Media and Mailing Lists