- Maintaining and further building a connected and well informed network of diverse organisation engaged in innovation (including working groups, events, comms activity);
- Working to create an environment that enables the broad ecosystem to support delivery of regional and national innovation objectives in a timely way;
- Engaging business, including those with limited involvement in innovation;
- Channelling the bottom-up views of the wider in
novation ecosystem to inform regional and national policy thinking.
- Demand-led innovation (public and private sector demand);
- Large scale, collaborative, multi-partner opportunities that will have significant impact;
- Adding or enhancing innovation focus of existing business support programmes;
- Activities that support the delivery of innovation objectives of the 3 LEP/ WMCA SEPs, the roll-out of the WM SIA by the WM Innovation Board;
- Maintaining a ‘reservoir’ of ideas and pipeline projects ready to activate/ accelerate as opportunities emerge locally, regionally or nationally.