Designed to support entrepreneurs in the West Midlands area, E4F New Start invited ambitious founders with a digital or tech business idea to apply. Successful applicants received inclusive business support facilitated by the team of expert mentors. The most aspiring businesses received further intensive support to launch their businesses.
The E4F New Start Programme delivered early intervention fast-tracking business start-up phase through tailored support in cohorts but also on 1-2-1 basis. It also formed diverse cohorts of businesses creating an ideal eco-system for their growth and entrepreneurship.
50 keen founders joined the programme to help shape and assess the commerciality of their propositions over a one month period. The most promising businesses were given a great opportunity to continue on a further 2-month programme to deliver viable business propositions. The most aspiring founders presented pitching sessions to audiences of other entrepreneurs, accelerator/incubator managers and investors. All businesses were given pathways through the business support network to the most appropriate of the region’s accelerators or incubators on a path to growth.
The offer to SMEs
• One month of tailored business support with the opportunity to receive further support for the most promising businesses
• Virtual business support with optional access to Innovation Birmingham (subject to Covid-19)
• Tailored business support programme delivered by experienced mentors
• Support from an Entrepreneur in Residence and access to Bruntwood SciTech support network
• Business development opportunities and introductions to potential customers
• Growth focus – business support, e.g. IP, marketing, HR, partnerships
• Funding advice and grant opportunities
• Applicants must be based in the West Midlands Combined Authority area
• Applicants must have a digital/ tech based business idea