Do you have a sustainable innovation that could help revolutionise the healthcare sector?
The healthcare sector came under immense pressure during the pandemic and there has been a significant increase in single-use items.
With the Commonwealth games coming to the region in 2022, we’re looking to showcase the West Midlands’ ability to collaborate across sectors. As part of this, we want to demonstrate how we can creatively support the healthcare industry in reducing its impact on the environment.
Are you up for the challenge?
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Up to £25,000 grant to support your business growth
- 4 months of bespoke business support
- Access to our partner network and expertise
- Free collaborative space at Innovation Birmingham
- Mentorship and full access to events and workshops
- Real-world validation
- Funding support available
What digital or creative innovation could you apply to reduce the impact of single-use items on the environment from the healthcare sector?
For example, we saw an increased number of items being incinerated during the pandemic when elements could have been recycled or repurposed, such as non-infectious PPE (eg masks), dressings, plasters and bandages.
How can we make use of digital or creative tools for better data or technology which:
- Supports enhanced understanding on re-purposing or recyclable items
- Highlights the difference between incineration and re-purposing items
- Increases knowledge around re-purposing or recyclable items
- Communicates effective ways of sustainability
- Helps streamline traditional models of approaches within the Healthcare sector
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS CHALLENGE – CHECK BACK SOON FOR THE RESULTS