Transformation West Midlands, a partnership project between 3 West Midlands based universities: University of Birmingham, Newman University & University College Birmingham, focussed on supporting under-represented students/graduates who are at risk of unemployment/under-employment find higher skilled work, require the support of key regional businesses with their Impact Challenge initiative.
Impact Challenge is a week long employer led challenge held in June 2021 whereby groups of student/graduates solve real-life problems/challenges as posed by local organisations.
They would like projects to:
1) Expose students/graduates to opportunities and exciting developments/growth sectors in West Midlands the region
2) Enable students/graduates to make an impact on local social/community focused projects
The experience will prove to be invaluable for students/graduates by allowing them to develop key skills which they can add to their CV and talk about in future recruitment processes, giving them the much needed edge in what is currently a tough jobs climate.
Benefits for organisations include:
- Increasing awareness and visibility of your company leading to greater future engagement from students/graduates
- Get ‘free’ advice on a real business challenge/problem from a diverse group of students/graduates, with very little commitment from your side (free training is offered by the project)
- Provide experience and skills development to those who have a lack of it to help take them to the next step of their professional journey
- An opportunity to actively promote your company’s opportunities to a large talent pool/across 3 West Midlands based universities
If you would like to find out more, please contact the project manager, Amrit Sandhu, by Wednesday 10th March 2021 to find out more: email@example.com