Join iSE and Birmingham Enterprise Community (BEC) to microfund change-making ideas.
Do you have a project to create impact in your community or neighbourhood?
Join iSE and Birmingham Enterprise Community (BEC) to micro-fund change-making ideas. Based on the Detroit Soup Model, apply for a pitching slot, tell the audience virtually what you’d like to fund, and the project with the most audience votes wins the pot!
A great way to kick-start ideas, connect with fellow social entrepreneurs and discover new Brum-based initiatives.
HOW IT WORKS
Once you’ve applied for a pitching slot, you’ll be contacted by email for a more detailed overview of your idea/project/social business. We’ll be asking about the scale of the impact you intend to create, who it will benefit and how, and how it will be sustainable. This is to make sure we have the right type of pitchees and avoid duplication of the same ideas, as we have limited pitching slots!
- Applications close on the 5th of April; we’ll be selecting the final pitchees that week so you’ll have time to prepare
- All those shortlisted will be asked to make a donation to the Porridge Pot via Eventbrite
PITCHEES ARE LIMITED TO THREE AUDIENCE MEMBERS EACH. PLEASE RESPECT THIS FOR INTERESTS OF FAIRNESS.
This event is sponsored by Actemium UK. In total there is £400 available in addition to any more raised by donations to our Porridge Pot from pitchees and audience members. The ‘winners’ are decided by audience vote and prizes will be allocated as follows:
- MOST VOTES: Most investable project – £300 plus total in pot plus 1-1 session with iSE or Birmingham Enterprise Community
- SECOND MOST: The one with the heart – £100 plus1-1 session with iSE or Birmingham Enterprise Community
- THIRD MOST: free advice session with either iSE or Birmingham Enterprise Community
- All applicants to the micro-fund event will be offered a discounted rate for iSE and Birmingham Enterprise Community Programmes
- This event is open to Birmingham-based projects only
- While you don’t need to be a registered company to pitch, we ask that you are beyond ‘ideas’ stage and have begun to work on getting your project off the ground, and have built a community
- We also ask that we see evidence of spend against your project
NOT READY TO PITCH? COME ALONG ANYWAY!
If you are not ready to pitch you are welcome to book an audience place to see what it’s all about, hear about some fantastic social impact projects and network!
In interests of fairness, please only 3 audience members per pitchee.
The event is part of the Social Enterprise Drive 2021, which aims to promote social entrepreneurship to the wider audiences.
This event is supported by Actemium UK who have kindly donated to the prize fund.
By applying for a pitch you consent to iSE and Birmingham Enterprise Community contacting you about their programmes and events.
This event is part of Social Enterprise Drive 2021, a week long celebration of Social Enterprises in the city of Birmingham. Find out more about our other events taking place between 19th – 23rd April.
Download the full conference programme here.