Birmingham is one of the top Meetup hubs in the UK – connections based on Software development and Data science means that there is a lively informal tech scene in the region.
Birmingham Tech Week is a collaborative series of events taking place across the City (and wider Greater Birmingham Region) between October 7th– 13th2019.
This week will highlight Birmingham’s burgeoning Tech Scene and focus on a number of innovative topics.
Why is it important?
For far too long Birmingham’s Tech scene has operated in silos, we talk about collboartion but this is rarely seen. This week is about celebrating our diverse, innovative and growing City, and showing the world why we should be seen as the first choice for setting up, scaling and investing in technology companies.
- Tech City – Put Birmingham and the wider region firmly on the global Tech map
- Showcase Local Companies – Give Birmingham Tech companies a Platform to showcase their innovation
- A Platform for Growth – Encourage further investment in the City
- Destination for Talent – Attract talent from further afield
- #1 Tech Choice – Get established brands to consider Biringham as their home
- Enjoy Brum – Showcase Birmingham as a leisure and tourism destination
What will it cover?
Women in Tech
Blockchain & Currency
5G & Connectivity
Marketing & Advertising
StartUp & Entrepeneurship
Public Sector Transformation
Careers in Tech
Product Design & Development
Automotive & Transport
Retail & E-Commerce
Want to host an event? Click here.
(Source: Birmingham Tech Week)