About this event
Find out more about how to market your business whilst remaining environmentally sustainable.
10am Welcome and introduction to EnTRESS 2 project
10.05 Sustainable Business Model Canvas, Debbie Ward, EnTRESS Knowledge Transfer Manager
A business model canvas is a useful strategic management tool for developing new business models and documenting existing ones. A sustainable business model canvas enables users to think about their business within a triple-bottom-line (economic, environmental and social) context. It allows users to maximise the sustainability impact of their venture whilst minimising negative externalities.
10.20 How to promote your sustainable business, Hajrija Dergic
11.15 Interactive Session
Hajrija is a Lecturer in Marketing at the University of Wolverhampton. She also works as a Non-Executive Director at Wolverhampton Homes and External Examiner at the London School of Design & Marketing. In her spare time Hajrija provides marketing consultancy to SMEs. Her passion resides with her part-time PhD which focuses on the area of green marketing and business sustainability.
More about the series
Resilience: ability to withstand, adapt and thrive in response to known and unpredictable risks, threats or changes.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY: the responsibility to conserve natural resources and protect global ecosystems to ensure both the needs of the present and the needs of future generations can be met.
With increasing legislation, policies and regulation, growing consumer awareness and pressure from investors on becoming a circular, net zero carbon business, environmental sustainability is firmly on the agenda for many organisations.
During this webinar series, we will walk you through the legislation, benefits and high level implementation guidance relating to net zero carbon and circular economy, including some jargon busting, how to track and calculate your carbon footprint, overview of various business audits and how a product’s LCA can help demonstrate sustainable business.
This event is for Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the Black Country or Stoke & Staffordshire regions ONLY.
Why attend this free webinar series?
- Get an overview of different programmes, policies and regulations relating to sustainability such as Net Zero Carbon, the UN SDGs and Circular Economy
- Understand how sustainable practices can lead to competitive advantage, cost reduction and new revenue streams
- Access free consultation to support you in starting, or furthering, your transition to becoming a sustainable business (Our free support is only available to eligible Black Country and Stoke & Staffordshire SMEs)
Who should attend?
This webinar series is open to all SMEs in the Black Country and Stoke & Staffordshire that:
- Are concerned about the future resilience of their business at such a challenging and ever-changing time
- Want to find out more about how to better manage their business to be more environmentally conscientious / environmentally sustainable
- Want to learn more about Net Zero Carbon, Circular Economy, the UN Sustainable Development Goals and COP26 and want to understand how they impact on / can be of benefit to their business
This is an online event that will be recorded.
Building Business Resilience Through Environmental Sustainability Webinar Series
Session 1- What does Sustainability mean for my Business?, Thu 1st July 2021
Session 2- Circular Economy and Life Cycle Assessment, Thu 8th July 2021
Session 3- Behaviour Change, Thu 15th July 2021
Session 4- Reducing your Businesses’ Carbon Footprint, Wed 21st July 2021
Session 5- How to Promote your Sustainable Business, Thu 2nd Sept 2021