This event is hosted by NatWest business. You can visit the official event page here.
Join NatWest Business for our ‘Powering our Communities’ webinar series focused on supporting Black, Asian and Minority ethnic-led business.
At NatWest our purpose is to champion Enterprise by removing the barriers that too many face. We are committed to advancing Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic enterprise by ‘Powering our Communities’ to start, scale and succeed in business.
Funding your business
Do you want to know more about funding available for your small business? There are various options available for businesses, whether you’re considering borrowing, crowdfunding, investment or hoping to secure grant funding.
Join us for an informative session where you will hear from Drew Currie who has also been called the Martin Lewis of free COVID-19 practical advice, funding & grant support.
Drew Currie Vitabonna Development
Drew has a passion for supporting entrepreneurs & innovation wherever they can be found. As part of his drive to ‘pay-it-forward’ he regularly hosts free ‘Show Me The Money,’ events. Providing education on grants, low-risk options & available programme support to help businesses turn their dreams into reality.
- Over the past couple of years,assisted entrepreneurs in accessing over £650,000 of grant funding.
- Introduced startups to over £300,000 of Covid-19 business support from Facebook, Sky TV, Daily Mail Group, Ocean Outdoor & Local TV.
- Connected 70+ work placements for Aston University, Birmingham City University (BCU), University College Birmingham (UCB), Sandwell College & University of Birmingham (UoB) to 50+ Midlands businesses. Most were free for the companies & paid for the interns.
- Shares a weekly communication on funding & support to 400+ Midlands based entrepreneurs/businesses
- Delivered free COVID-19 Practical Advice Webinars for Fiverr, Tech Supply Chaina and the Greater Birmingham Growth Hub
As well as raising approximately £200,000 of grant funding & in-kind support to develop a topical pain-relief spray to help the elderly. Former co-owner of a chain of 9 aesthetics clinics partnered with TONI&GUY, built from overdraft to £3.5m turnover in 4 years with no external debt. On top of all that, Drew is an Ambassador for Birmingham Tech Week, a mentor at i-Social Enterprise & a mentor for the NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator programme.
Plans for the Future
Drew is currently working on his most ambitious project to date; The Innovation Factory a disruptive entrepreneur-led business model with a vision to reduce the 90% of entrepreneurs that fail.
How to access the online workshop
Register for free through Eventbrite to receive a link to the live webinar the day before the event. You will receive this via email, so please ensure you enable ‘eventbrite’ in your trusted messages and check your spam / junk folder. A webcam and microphone are not required to join this online workshop.