2020 has called for rapid responses in the development, manufacture and supply of medicines. Now more than ever, the pressure is on to create strong, agile and sustainable medicines manufacturing infrastructure in the UK.
This Medicines Manufacturing Challenge Community showcase event, delivered by Knowledge Transfer Network is an opportunity to learn more about the latest projects and the research and infrastructure developments that will accelerate the development and manufacture of vital advanced therapies, medicines and vaccines.
In partnership with Innovate UK, the Medicines Manufacturing Innovation Centre and EPSRC Future Manufacturing Research Hubs, the event aims to enable this medicines manufacturing community to explore further opportunities for collaboration through networking across academia and industry.
This event will be a one-day, free-to-attend online event, featuring the following key agenda items:
- Introduction: Andy Jones, ISCF Medicines Manufacturing Challenge Director
- Opening Address: Steve Bagshaw, Fujifilm Diosynth Non-executive Chairman, Vaccine Task Force Supply Chain Lead
- Panel discussions on:
- Innovation infrastructure support (CPI, VMIC, MMIC, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult)
- Net Zero in Medicines Manufacturing
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Medicines Manufacturing
- Presentations from SME innovators
There will be networking time throughout the day as well as bookable 1-2-1 partnering meetings.