Date & Time: 14th July, 08:00 – 10:00am
Venue: Midlands Centre for Cyber Security Hursey Road Hereford HR2 6NT
This breakfast briefing provides an opportunity to be enlightened about the data protection issues in the online business.
Over recent years, cyber-attacks and data breaches have become increasingly common. Numerous businesses, especially those that have traditionally operated as brick-and-mortar stores, have shifted their focus to the online market. Whether your business is new to online trading or you wish to ensure more established practices are lawful, in this breakfast briefing, data privacy experts will provide guidance on some of the key e-commerce and data protection issues to consider such as online terms and conditions, information notices and the ICO’s new draft Direct Marketing Code of Practice.
With legal updates and training on cyber security, contracts, and data protection, this seminar is a must for company leadership and in-house counsel. Helen Davenport provides insight into the key considerations of both domestic and international data breach strategy.
Who should attend this event?
This is a briefing for those in senior management and in-house lawyers for business and professional service companies based in Herefordshire. However, anyone with a general interest is welcome to attend.
About the Speaker
Helen Davenport is a Certified Information Privacy Professional – Europe (CIPP/E) and is a frequent speaker on data privacy and cyber security, in particular, at client events and third party conferences, and has written many articles and has been quoted in a range of legal and industry publications on these topics. With around 20 years of experience of specialising in the Tech sector and also as a commercial litigator, she advises clients on data privacy and cyber security matters and also helps clients resolve commercial disputes, in an efficient and commercially pragmatic way.
To name some of her experience:
– She is a member of the International Technology Law Association, the Society for Computers and Law and IAPP.
– She is a partner, based in Gowling WLG’s Birmingham and London offices, and a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation team and Dispute Resolution Group.
– She is Head of Data Privacy and Cyber Security for the UK firm.
– Has experience with representing technology customers and suppliers in conflicts arising from contracts for the design, build and implementation of IT systems and services and software licensing.
– She is also experienced in corporate investigations, fraud related matters, anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
– Helen also has Higher Rights of Audience (Civil & Criminal).