Join us from 9am on Tuesday 8th October for our Birmingham Tech Week special event – Smart Ideas for Global Growth.
- We look forward to showing off one of the West Midlands most prestigious innovation assets – The Manufacturing and Technology Centre.
- Come along and take the tour and find out more about the support available.
- We will also be exploring the range of support available from Enterprise Europe Network. If you’ve got a smart idea EEN can help you explore global opportunities to help your business grow and thrive.
Manufacturing Technology Centre
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) was established in 2010 as an independent Research & Technology Organisation with the objective of bridging the gap between academia and industry – often referred to as ‘the valley of death’.
- It represents one of the largest public sector investments in UK manufacturing and, after four years of planning and a 16-month build, the facility opened at Ansty Park in Coventry at the end of 2011.
- In December 2011, there were 16 industrial members, 44 staff and just a few key pieces of equipment in the ‘workshop’.
- Over the following seven years the MTC’s rapid growth has seen the expansion of their campus with the construction of three more facilities, including the opening of the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre and the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing.
- Their role has also increased to cover not only R&D but also Training, Advanced Manufacturing Management and Factory Design.
- They now have over 700 talented employees working with them.
- During this time, they have helped hundreds of companies across a range of industries and over 100 of them have become members of the MTC.
- Come along and take a tour and hear how they can help you too.
Enterprise Europe Network
Enterprise Europe Network can help you do business in Europe and beyond. Through their network you’ll get the specialist support you need to:
- Improve the way you manage innovation, commercialise great ideas and grow your business
- Grow your business by tracking down long-term finance from the public and private sectors
- Take an international view with a network spanning more than 60 countries
The Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce will be talking you through:
- Live global partnering opportunities: Get help finding SME and academic partners to manufacture, distribute, co-develop and supply your products, ideas and services
- Global Business Innovation Programme: Helping ambitious businesses build collaborations and partnerships in new markets, accelerating business growth
- As well as the wide range of other support available to help your business grow and thrive
Smart just got smarter. We look forward to seeing you all there!